We left our house about 2:00 and headed for the Bountiful Temple. We had tried to go over everything with the kids, but did so again on our car ride. When we were almost there we listened to the primary CD of I love to see the temple. The girls were singing so sweet as we pulled into the parking lot. We went inside and got them to the youth center where they were able to play with toys and have snacks. My mom stayed with them to help with Colter. Tom and I got the paperwork all filled out and changed into our temple clothes. I got to get ready in the brides room, which was amazingly beautiful. Then they took us to the celestial room to wait until everyone was ready. I felt so peaceful and I was so happy. It occurred to me that the feelings I was having would be exactly how I wanted to feel in heaven. Just comfortable and at peace with all that was going on around me. Then we went into the sealing room where all our wonderful family and friends were waiting...
The sealer spoke about the short process it would be to have Ashley sealed, but what a meaningful thing it was. Soon after they brought in the kids and my mom. The girls came and sat with us. The Sealer asked Brinkley what was happening and she said we were going to seal Ashley to our family forever. He talked to them a minute and then we went forward to do the sealing. She held her little hand on ours so carefully. Brinkley stood next to us watching carefully. In the middle Ashley saw the home teacher and said "It's the home Teacher!" But otherwise she was very quite and sweet. Afterwards everyone hugged us all and it was a very sweet and precious time for our family. Storie bent down and talked to Brinkley asking her to promise one thing... That she would never forget this day. Brinkley promised and I finally let go of the tears I had been holding back. Last to come up was Christy, Josh and Sandy. I'm sure it was a hard and yet beautiful thing for them to witness. We embraced them with emotion that the last two years had brought for each of us. All of us grateful to each other and all of us happy for the day we had been praying for. Maybe words are not enough to describe the beautiful feeling that it was for us all. Afterward we had a wonderful time taking pictures with everyone and then eating together and visiting. It was a beautiful day, and I thank my Heavenly Father for all the miracles granted so that it could come to pass.

3 comments:
CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!!! I'm so sad that we missed it. I'm sure it was an amazing day for your cute family. We miss you guys!!
congragulations, we are so happy for you. The kids look wonderful.
I add my congratulations for the wonderful sealing. the pictures are great and what beautiful children. You two deserve all the happiness that can be yours. Kay
Post a Comment