Monday, June 9, 2008

Legal Guardianship



We were able to go before a Judge today and he granted us Legal Guardianship of Ashley. It means that we now have all the ability to take care of her and make decisions for her. The girls were so good and everything went very smoothly. We are hoping that within a few more months we will be able to petition the court for adoption. One major milestone down! We are very happy about it.

5 comments:

John and Robyn said...

Congratulations!! I am so excited for you guys! She looks like such a sweetie! I can't wait to meet her!

Hillary said...

Yeah, How exciting. I hope it all continues to work out for you. I just got plane tickets to come up to Utah in August. We will have to get together. It is just me and the kids. I need to come spend time with my grandma. I think I fly on on the 10th.

Liz said...

That is so exciting for you guys! She is a real cutie! Jay and I are seriously considering doing foster care and eventually adopting, we took our first class last night. You'll have to let us know how it all works. I hope everything moves forward in a timely manner for you!

Unknown said...

Wow, such great news! She's such a cutie, and fits perfectly with your family. We'll keep you in our prayers that the next steps go smoothly too! :) Congrats!

Katherine said...

You have a darling family. Thanks for the comment. It's fun to see what everyone is up to. That's so great about getting guardianship. I hope everything works out for you guys.